Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Please pass the future. Or perhaps not.

Please pass the future.
Or perhaps not.

I had a dream. I dreamt that men were no longer lauded when emmasculate, women when lacking in femininity, and modesty, care and moderation ruled above self-confidence, arrogance, and the bottom line.

And then I awoke, into this cold world. Not cold because of climate, nor any lack of central heating, but a coldness worse than any seen before. It is the coldness of apathy, first icing our feeling towards "the other," strangers to us... relegating all goodness to them as "charity" or "missions" in the off-chance we even try to reach out.

Then coldness towards friends, creating each person as an army of one, with the only interlopers being nut-job profs with brown loafers, mock-tweed suits and glasses that give an aura of intelligent oddity.

So what is so foreign about metallic coldness? Have we arrived already?


Yet in this desolate world, I remember: Beer.

And that brings joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home