The Great Snow Adventure


In case I haven't done enough penitence...
Well, perhaps that's not a good way to start.
Ok, ok...
I've been enjoying the snow. I've used my time off of school fairly wisely. The snow is gorgeous! And fun!
And... yet, amidst this aesthetic pleasingness and child-like joy was epic crisis, confusion, angst, quest, and conquest. This is the story:
Once upon a time (Sunday evening), there was a snow-storm. And since that storm, being both very cold and wet, was outside, all was well. However, thick blood, Russian and Albertan, boiled and coursed deep within, and going for a walk seemed like a good idea. Da.

And so it was, at the time... during the walk... and even as the icy snow, dropping from the heavens with near the consistency of that which a polyurethane-cutter produces, clung to and covered my head and clothing, I was happy.
Then, I discovered my unsecured keys had dropped merrily from my pocket. So for an hour we searched in vain, back-tracking, praying, gazing at the acres of whiteness...
And then I tried to break in... without breaking a window.
... and came to the discovery (sadness!) that I'd make a bad burglar. (Farewell to career-plan W!)
So then (12:30 at night), I knocked on the only awake neighbour's door and asked to borrow his ladder.
He obliged; I trudged through the snow, clanged mightily around, set it up...
And climbed up to the second storey...
.... and leaned out as best I could...
... pushed the blinds aside...
... and hefted myself through the window!
Ahh, Warmth.
Ahh, lack of ghastly plummet.
All for a good cause.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home